RFID Blocking Wallets, Passport Cases, Badge Holders
Use DIFRwear to protect your personal information.
DIFRwear's RFID Blocking Products
NY International Gift Fair/NY Now
DIFRwear will be at the NY Now gift fair at Pier 94 New York City from August 17-20. Stop by and see us at booth 13034.
Follow us: @difrwear
All DIFRwear products undergo rigorous in-house testing, have been tested by the United States GSA, and are certified as FIPS 201 Compliant—to meet U.S. military data security standards.
What is RFID?
- Radio Frequency Identification.
- Chips in new credit cards, passports and identity badges which are activated remotely and wirelessly transmit information.
- In circulation: 45 million RFID enabled e-passports, 320 million RFID enabled cards.
- Read more about RFID
What is the problem with RFID technology?
- Attackers are able to remotely identify, read and copy the information on chips.
- Equipment necessary to skim the devices is available at a low cost. (USD $100)
- RFID technology is inherently insecure, encryption is too expensive for manufacturers.
- Read more about problems with RFID
How is RFID technology hacked?
- An RFID skimmer electronically reads and copies the information stored on RFID tags.
- Read more about RFID hacking